#KBSALLYUP - Win a 40kg or a 24kg Kettlebell with our Sally Up Challenge
The GreatLakesGirya.com Kettlebell Sally Up Challenge
The #kbsallyup challenge is a push press challenge that involves a song that has a lot of of repetition of the word up and down. When the song says up you do a push press.. When the song says down you bring the bell into rack position.
THIS CHALLENGE WILL END JAN.31ST. THIS ALLOWS YOU TO FIND WHERE YOU'RE AT AND WORK IT.
YOU CAN GIVE IT ONE GO AND HAVE FUN WITH IT. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT BELL SIZE YOU USE EVERYONE CAN ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. BUT THE REAL WINNERS ARE EVERYONE WHO ENTERED.
THIS ISN'T AN EASY CHALLENGE, DON'T GIVE UP. WHEN YOU WANT TO GIVE UP - DO 5 MORE REPS, THEN BECAUSE YOU DID 5 MORE... YOU CAN DO 4 MORE AFTER , THEN BECAUSE YOU DID 4 REPS .... DO 3 MORE. YOU GET THE IDEA. DON'T GIVE UP EASY AND REALLY TRY.
There are 6 Winners !!!
- Endurance Female @12kg -Winner gets 20kg bell
- Endurance Female @16kg -Winner gets 24kg bell
- Strength Female @20kg - Winner gets a 28kg bell
- Strength Female @24kg - Winner gets a 28kg bell
- Endurance Male @ 24kg- Winner gets a 24kg bell
- Strength Male @32kg - Winner gets a 40kg bell
Endurance Challenge - Video below is me demonstrating the endurance #KBSALLYUP challenge.
The endurance challenge is done with a
-24kg kettlebell for a male
-16kg or a 12kg for a female
Strength Challenge. - Video below is of me doing the strength challenge (made it around 2 min my first attempt)
The strength #KBSALLYUP challenge is done with a
- 32kg kettlebell for a male
-20kg or 24kg kettlebell for a female.
You will have to dig deep. Fight with every ounce you can and try this fun challenge!
Again, every up you press up, every down you go down into a solid rack position with strong wrists.
If there are multiple people that complete the sally up strength challenge there will be a playoff that will be set up exactly the same as the endurance challenge. Set the song on repeat and go as long as possible with one arm maintaining torso stability. (Not relaxing into GS rack position)
The Info & Rules to be Eligible
- CHALLENGE ONE FRIEND ON YOUR POST , call them out and challenge them to #KBSALLYUP.
- You don't need to post the entire video to enter. Post the last 60 sec of the challenge and keep the entire video of the challenge to send to us if you win :)
- Identify (strength or endurance challenge) what challenge you are completing and tag #KBSALLYUP so we can review your video.
- Shoot one continuous video that's unedited and includes a close up verification of the bell size before you complete the challenge.
- You may submit multiple attempts.
- Bell stays off the ground.
- You may compete in both challenges. (separate posts / videos)
- Song must be playing so we can hear it.
- You must only use one arm the entire time.
- Must lockout your arm when overhead.
- You can use a false grip or a regular grip.
- Must maintain neutral or slightly flexed wrist. (zero extension allowed)
- You must keep tension in your midsection. (I call it a hardstyle/girevik sport hybrid)
- You can't go into a full GS relaxed rack position.
- Must maintain a hybrid or hardstyle rack position.
Note on the hardstyle/GS mix. You can allow your body to shift and account for some of the C.O.M of the bell but you cannot go into a relaxed GS Position. There is a massive difference between them.
The HARDSTYLE kettlebell rack position and the GS position are two completely different ball games.
One is meant for conserving energy and the other is meant for a strength focus with tension in the rack position.
For this challenge to be eligible to win you must maintain either a hardstyle rack position or a hybrid between hardstyle and GS. But remember you can't go into a relaxed GS rack position.
I will provide a link talking about the two different styles of rack positions.
It will be interesting to see how people do , how long will people be able to maintain a hardstyle or hybrid rack position (not completely relaxed like GS)
It will also be neat to see what numbers the strength challenge pulls in. I’m excited to get this challenge underway.
How many song cycles can you complete in the endurance challenge and can you complete one round of the song with the strength challenge ?
I hope everyone has fun with this challenge.
Owner of GLG
Check out our GLG Podcast here